Saturday, December 19, 2009

Food for thought

This is something I heard in TC from Rabbi Lipskier. Pretty filling food for thought, especially on inspiration- less snowdays, or after a week of no prayer or chitas.

Here Goes:

the Question: If Modern Orthodox is concidered to be okay, then why be chassidish?!

The Answer:
Two men were sitting side by side on an aircraft, flying cross country. Upon landing, one man whipped out his cell phone, dialed his home number, and gave his wife arun-down of his flight, while reassuring her that he landed safely.
When he snapped his phone shut, his seat- mate laughed mockingly: "You, you married fools! Look at you! You have become a slave to the woman! Constantly having to give in and work hard for them. While I... Why, look at me! Im a free man! Free to do as I wish! Free to go wherever I want, for however long I want, without feeling guilty one bit. Fool!"

To which the first man replied:
"Fool?! Who do you think is the fool here!? I may be constantly in indebted to her, but that's my way of showing my appreciation for her concern! You, on the other hand, are a fool. For though you may go wherever you wish, you are uncared for, and there is no one to acknowledge your return! "

---

Same with us. By being mehudar, we are enabling G-ds care for us to shine through in a deeper way. We aren't just living passively, doing what we have to or want, we are constantly aware that there is Someone out there, accepting what we work for with concern. We are making a keli for Hashem's love.


gnite chassidistes...

and a freilichen snowday to u aalll :)

1 comment: